Here are 10 ways you can succeed in real estate without raw talent.
If your real estate career isn’t going how you planned, it’s easy to chalk things up to a lack of talent. However, every great agent knows that the most important ingredient in a successful career is hard work, not raw talent. That’s why we want to give you 10 ways to succeed without any talent:
1. Be on time. This requires zero talent; all you have to do is have decent time-management skills. Even if you are bad at keeping track of time, there are plenty of apps to keep you in check.
2. Show up and do the work. Bill Belichick, the head coach of the New England Patriots, is famous for telling his players to just do their job. If you’re supposed to be somewhere or do something, just do it. It’s truly as simple as that.
3. Do your best. You don’t have to be the greatest, most charismatic real estate agent of all time—all you have to do is your best.
4. Be positively contagious. We all know how great it is to be around positive people, so try to keep things positive no matter where your career takes you.
5. Have an attitude of gratitude. Thanksgiving just passed, but we should keep a grateful attitude year-round.
6. Seek solutions. If a problem is getting you down, focus on the solution rather than the problem itself. This will help you keep a positive attitude.
7. Have passion. If you don’t have passion for what you do, don’t do it. Not only will it make you miserable, but your lack of enthusiasm will creep into your work.
8. Be coachable. There’s a difference between being coachable and being teachable. Being teachable only means you know how to learn while being coachable means you know how to use that knowledge to take action.
9. Doing more than what’s required. You may have heard the term “minimum standard” at other brokerages, but we’ve eliminated all that language from our team. We only have standards, and it’s every agent’s job to go above and beyond that standard.
10. Believe in yourself. Be confident and know that if you follow these steps, you’ll probably have a good outcome.
Hopefully, these tips have put your career in a new light. If you have any questions or you’d like to talk about today’s topic, please call or email us. We’d love to speak with you!